Justia Badge
Bes 10 2016 badge
BBB badge
Three Best Rated 2017 badge
Top Rated badge badge
Lead Counseld Rated badge
TNA Top 100 Lawyers badge
Yelp Reviews badge
Avvo Rating badge
30 Years badge
Super Lawyers badge

Chapter Two: How do I Choose an Attorney as I do not Want to Make a Mistake?

gavelThe best way, in my opinion, is to obtain a referral from a friend, relative or co worker who was a client of the attorney and can tell you first hand their experience. Another way is to obtain a referral from a bar certified referral service by the State Bar of California. This ensures that the attorney has a valid license to practice law in California, has malpractice insurance and has experience in family law. The four bar certified referral services which are listed in this book also offer all callers a one half hour free consultation with a qualified attorney. As with all information in this book, phone numbers change so I have also placed their website address as well for your convenience. The author is, or has been, on three of these panels.

San Diego County Bar Association619-231-8585www.sdcba.org
San Diego North County Bar Association760-758-4755www.lawreferral.org
Attorney Search Network800-215-1190www.getareferral.com
Attorney Referral Service877-277-2778www.lawyerreferral.com

Look to the appearance of the office and whether it is professional. Look to the appearance of the attorney and their professionalism. Does the attorney have a paralegal? Does the attorney have research programs to keep current on the law? Does the attorney attend family law seminars annually to keep their knowledge updated. Family law practice is difficult for both clients and attorneys so all of these are very important. There are many other ways to choose an attorney [specialist; geographical location; local reputation; etc.] and all are appropriate. You do not want to have “buyer’s remorse” when it comes to such an important decision.

>> Chapter Three: Should I Hire A Mediator Instead Of Hiring An Attorney?

Client Reviews
Thank you for your time and energy on this case, you took so much of the worry away from me! I appreciate all of your help. I will use and recommend you to other in the future. T.S.
I want to take this time to thank you and your staff for an outstanding job with my case to terminate spousal, you are an excellent attorney Roy, and your staff is very professional and considerate to my questions and concerns of my case. Thank you very much again. T.Y.
I wanted to say how much I appreciate your help and advice in regards to my name change. Your assistance during this time has been invaluable. Thank you again. M.J.
Contact Us
  1. 1 Free In-Office Consultation
  2. 2 30+ Years Experience
  3. 3 Certified Family Law Specialist

Fill out the contact form or call us at 1-800-ROYISIT (769-4748) or 858-312-8500 to schedule your free in-office consultation.