Justia Badge
BBB badge
Top Rated badge badge
Lead Counseld Rated badge
TNA Top 100 Lawyers badge
Yelp Reviews badge
Avvo Rating badge
30 Years badge
Super Lawyers badge

Are You Currently Facing a Family Law Case in San Diego for a Divorce, Paternity or Legal Separation?

Do You Have A Court Date Coming Up?

Do you currently have a court date for a motion or hearing or even trial set in San Diego Superior Court for a legal separation, paternity or divorce? Are you considering filing a family law case in San Diego for a paternity, divorce or legal separation? If so, you need accurate information to make sure your rights are protected and to try and obtain your goals. Family law in San Diego can be very complicated and there are strict rules and time limits.

What Do You Need To Do If You Have A Court Date Set?

This depends on what the court date is for. There are many different types of hearings. If your hearing is a Family Resolution Conference, this is normally for procedural posture such as whether the preliminary declarations of disclosure have been filed or whether the case is ready for a mandatory settlement conference. The court hearing may for a Request for Order and these are, normally, for requests for temporary orders such as child custody, child visitation, spousal support, child support, attorney fees, temporary exclusive use of the residence or vehicle or perhaps for a bifurcation of some issues. For these hearings, if you have been served, it is crucial to file a response or your “side” will not be considered. If your hearing is for a mandatory settlement conference or even a trial, there are numerous pleadings and documents necessary and failure to follow the local rules can result in an adverse ruling as well as monetary sanctions.

Where Is Your Case?

It is very important to know what exact court house your case is in. This is necessary for the filing of all pleadings and also so you know where to go. In San Diego, these are the main family law court houses: downtown on 6th Avenue and also on 4th Avenue; Vista on Melrose; Chula Vista on H Street and El Cajon on East Main. Parking is provided at the El Cajon, Vista and Chula Vista court houses at no charge however the parking lots can fill up and then there is street parking but may be meters. For the two downtown court houses, there is meter parking on the street and also parking lots. Make sure to be on time for your hearing!

How Do You Know What To Do?

There are many resources for you to know what to do for your hearing. First, you can go to the court houses and ask to speak with the Family Law Facilitator. Second, you can self educate by going to the San Diego County Law Library and reading self help books. Third, you can go to the San Diego Superior Court website and see if the information on what to do for your case is there. Fourth, you can hire an attorney to represent you. There are also other resources for your to consider. No matter what resource you chose, remember it is your case and it is important you know what is happening.

A San Diego Family Law Firm To Help You!

The law firm of Doppelt and Forney, APLC is here to help you. We offer a free in-person or virtual consultation at our office and will discuss your individual case and offer our legal advice. Our firm practices in all San Diego Superior Courts for family law cases and can assist with filing of your pleadings and making sure all local rules are complied with. Please feel free to schedule your appointment.

Client Reviews
Thank you for your time and energy on this case, you took so much of the worry away from me! I appreciate all of your help. I will use and recommend you to other in the future. T.S.
I want to take this time to thank you and your staff for an outstanding job with my case to terminate spousal, you are an excellent attorney Roy, and your staff is very professional and considerate to my questions and concerns of my case. Thank you very much again. T.Y.
I wanted to say how much I appreciate your help and advice in regards to my name change. Your assistance during this time has been invaluable. Thank you again. M.J.
Contact Us
  1. 1 Free In-Person & Virtual Consultation
  2. 2 30+ Years Experience
  3. 3 Certified Family Law Specialist

Fill out the contact form or call us at 1-800-ROYISIT (769-4748) or 858-312-8500 to schedule your free In-Person or Virtual Consultation.